Commitment to Protect your Privacy
Dirdy Birdy (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to respecting your privacy and to protecting it.
You can be assured that in all cases we will treat your personal information with no less protection than that provided for by the National Privacy Principles and the privacy laws that are in force in Australia.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information from which an individual’s identity can reasonably be determined. This would include details of an individual’s name, address, phone number, email address, facsimile number, credit card or bank account details.
How we collect Personal Information
We may collect information from you via our website or via personal or written communications. Other information may be collected by the manufacturers, importers or sellers of the products that are advertised on our website, or via telephone calls or through personal and written communications between you and them. This information may be passed to us. Some of the information that is requested from you is essential in order for you to be provided with products or after sales care, and some is additional information that you choose to provide.
If it is practical, and providing it is lawful, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or not providing personal information when you enter into information on our website.
Why do we collect Personal Information and what is it used for?
We collect and use your personal information for:
- dealing with you;
- dealing with the manufacturers, importers or suppliers of the products that are advertised on our website;
- providing you with information about, and offering you, additional products and services via our website or directly;
- providing to third parties that we may identify from time to time as being suitable for offering products or services to you;
- improving the quality, quantity and presentation of information on our website;
- protecting the safely and wellbeing of you or any other person, including facilitating any product recall;
- improving the quality of the products advertised on the website and to develop additional products and services;
- training and quality assurance purposes;
- administrative purposes, as well as allowing our after sales support personnel to manage the systems, databases, and provide assistance to you if needed;
- providing information concerning our business to any third party that is involved in financing, investing in or acquiring our business in any way.
You may opt-out of receipt of offers from any person at any time simply by submitting a request via our feedback form or in any way that you are notified in the relevant communication.
To whom do we disclose the Personal Information?
We will only disclose personal information to:
- our directors, employees and contractors, and directors, employees and contractors of any of our group companies;
- manufacturers, importers or suppliers of the products that are advertised on our website; and
We may also disclose personal information to any person or authority where we are required to by law.
It is possible that the manufacturers, importers or suppliers of the products that are advertised on our website and other third parties that we work with may be outside of Australia and you agree that we can disclose personal information to those overseas people and organisations. Where personal information is provided to any overseas person or organisation you accept that they may be located in countries that do not have any, or any adequate, privacy laws protecting personal information. You consent to the disclosure of your personal information with that understanding.
Cookies and other data
A cookie is a small piece of computer code which remains on your computer and contains information which helps us provide a better and more personalised service, including by keeping track of your details and preferences, monitoring your internet traffic, speeding up your searches and recognising you when you return to our website.
When you visit our website the cookie records the authentication to allow your user id to login.
We may also collect information concerning your navigation around our website and the resources that you access, including URLs that you linked from and to and your Internet Protocol address, even if you do not register with us. This helps us understand your needs and allows us to improve our website and communications.
Links to other websites
Our website includes links to other websites that are not owned or operated by us. We are not responsible for the content of those websites, nor for any products, services or information contained in them or offered through them. You should review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of those websites when you visit them.
Where you gain access to parts of our website that are protected by a password, your personal information is accessible via our website to any person that has your password. You must ensure that your password is kept secret and not disclosed to anyone else. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer by any unauthorised access to your personal information that has been caused or contributed to by you disclosing, or being careless with, your password.
Amending, deleting and obtaining access to your Personal Information
If you believe any of your personal information that is held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, it is not necessary for us to continue to hold it, or you wish to access or have it deleted, you can email us via the form on our website, and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request in accordance with the law.